Today we found out that widgets are very easy to add to your blog. We have a Voki, a weather widget and a map widget which counts our visitors. A widget is really like an online toy you can interact with!

Today we also created an avatar. We think of an avatar sort of like a mascot…it will appear beside our comment when we comment on someone elses blog. We used ‘Wimp yourself’ to create our avatar because we love Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

We also have to think of a way to get families involved…we thought we could ask them to go and comment on our blog. We can write it in our newsletter and make sure we tell our family members.

What do you think of our blog so far? Do you have any other ideas or suggestions?

Our Avatar

11 thoughts on “Student Blogging Challenge

1. So far, I think that your blog is really well written. I like the Voki talking about blogging. We might be able to use this idea on our class blog. Thanks!

2. Thank you for your kind compliment! We love to make vokis, they are so fun. What is your blog address? We would love to visit your blog and leave a comment.

3. I agree Lucy – he looks absolutely crazy!
    Miss Lavars

4. Hi everyone!
    I hope you like our blog!
    Make sure you check out all our links

From Lucy:)

5. Good on you Lucy – you are certainly a cool cat commenter ūüėČ
    From Miss Lavars

6. Dear Miss Lavars
    Next time when we go on the Ultranet, I’m going to show you my Wimp yourself Character.

7. I just thought I’d let you know that I found out about your blog by reading about it in the school newsletter. It took me a little while to find it, maybe I had the address wrong!! I’ve made a shortcut now so I won’t have the same trouble next time. I have also subscribed by email to stay up to date with what is happening at the Grade 5 Blog.

8. Hi Darren,
    Thank you for subscribing! We love to receive comments and reply to them.
    Thanks for your support!
    Grade 5 ūüôā