This page was inspired by this blog here.
Commenting is what makes our blogs come alive. It allows us to connect to a global and authentic audience, and improve our literacy skills. Please be sure to leave a comment if you visit our blog! The students love to receive and reply to comments.
- Click on the heading of the post on which you wish to leave a comment
- Scroll down until you can see the “Leave a Comment” section
- You will be asked for your name (use first name and last initial only)
- Next you will be asked for an email address (use firstname@ example.com ===> email@example.com)
- On some blogs, you will also need to write the “spam word.”
- Click “submit comment”
- On our class blog and many other blogs, your comment WILL NOT appear right away. The blogger-host must moderate (approve) first. If your comment is okay it will soon appear on the site!
How to write a good quality comment…
Write your comment like a letter starting off with “Dear Jenna” or “Dear Miss Lavars.”
Compliment the writer in a specific way, ask a question, and/or add new information to the post. For example, if the post is about hurricanes, maybe you know something else about hurricanes that you can add. More information is terrific.
Write your comment about the post.
Check your comment for correct spelling, grammar and punctuation before you submit it.
You could copy the post(highlight and Ctrl + C) before you submit it, this way if something goes wrong you will still have your comment!
Don’t reveal any personal information about yourself in your comment, including your last name.